By Lauren Hannaford, NAB RunWest Nutrition partner
150g Green beans (i’m pedantic and cut the
ends off) 100g baby spinach leaves
2 tomatoes cut into quarters
Tablespoon of fresh dill
2 shallot stems finely chopped
1 garlic clove diced
2 salmon steaks
6 thick cut haloumi slices
Cracked pepper on hand for garnish
1. Preheat pan on medium to high and place extra virgin olive oil and garlic in once
2. Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for approx 4 minutes. (keep an
eye on the garlic)
3. Once beans have been cooked and drained place them on a plate/s along with the
spinach leaves, shallots, wedged tomato and some of the dill with a small squeeze of
4. Place salmon steaks in pan with garlic for 2 minutes each side or longer
depending on your liking. Add the sliced haloumi to the side of the pan (or separate
pan if your pan is on the smaller side) 45 seconds on each side so it softened and
browned on the outside.
5. Add the haloumi to the plate of salad and place salmon on top immediately to serve.
6. Sprinkle left over dill, a squeeze of lemon and some cracked pepper to garnish.
There you have it! Healthy, easy and delightful.
Stay up to date with more delicious recipes and nutrition advice by signing up and becoming a member of FHIT by Lauren Hannaford.